Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm still here!

Hello...

I suppose I owe everyone an update! We've been pretty busy and I just haven't had a lot to say, really. Nathan is still doing well, and I think he might be engaged now...he probably was sooner actually, and I just didn't realize that was what I've been feeling. I have contractions on a daily or almost-daily basis, but nothing truly painful or progressing. I'm not TOO uncomfortable, though my back aches quite a bit after walking for a long time.

::Edit:: Okay, I don't know what I was thinking. I just walked around Walmart for about 20 minutes and I am most definitely, very uncomfortable!

The doctor appointments have been rather uneventful as well. We have another one on Friday, the 18th. The doctor said we will "see if things start picking up" at that appointment so hopefully he will check to see if I am at all dialated or effaced.

If we make it to this Thursday, Nathan will be due in just ONE MORE WEEK!

It's still early, but if you're reading this please pray that I won't end up having to be induced. I would prefer to avoid that unless it is absolutely necessary for Nathan's or my own well being. Being induced typically causes the contractions to come much stronger without as much time in between to "recover." It also makes you more likely to have a significant tear, more likely to need a c-section, more likely to have a longer and more intense labor, and less likely to go naturally. I am not opposed to drugs at all (the epidural might become my best friend!) but I would at least like to try going naturally first. We'll see how it all goes. You really can't plan for these things!

Also...a BIG THANKS again to our friends who gave us Nathan's stroller! :)

4 comments:

Hot Hot JJ said...

I can't wait to see baby photos!!! Nathan is going to be the cutest!

Anonymous said...

It's getting so close to time! I can't wait to hear (read) "He's Here!". I hope & pray all goes well & you won't need an induction. Let's keep our fingers crossed that he doesn't decide he wants to be born in February! lol.

Kerry said...

Yay!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't wait to see pictures of him too!